A L-shaped kitchen consists of work space on two adjoining walls perpendicular to each other. There are no traffic lanes flowing through the work area.
A L-shaped kitchen can have legs as long as you want. It is best to only elongate one leg over 12-15 feet. You will need to divide that elongated leg into different work sites for efficient use.
L-Shaped Kitchen Benefits
- Great for corner space
- Efficient for a small and medium kitchen space
- Can adjust to any length
- Can easily divide the kitchen into multiple work sites
- No through traffic to disrupt work zones
- Eating space (i.e. table & chairs) can easily be added to this layout
- Not efficient for large kitchens
- Not good for multiple cooks
Placing the Work Triangle
The basic kitchen work triangle is best placed at the juncture of the two legs of the L.