Ergonomic Products, Gear and Equipment
By Chris Adams
Electronic gadgets are always looking to improve usability, enhance their form factor, and generally make life more ergonomic. However, new technology often falls into the trap of trying a new feature just because it is now capable of doing so -- not because it can do so very efficiently. Let us be on our ergonomic gaurd while still embracing the inner tech geek in us all.
We spend so much time at computers nowdays that we really need to watch our ergonomics while using them. Look around. If you're sitting at a computer reading this, I'm talking to you. [p]We use computers for work and for play. Let's make sure we use them correctly so we don't waste too much time or develop a repetitive stress injury along the way.
The office is a dangerous place. Repetitive tasks and stationary activities are no good on a body -- or mind, for that matter. But with the right ergonomic equipment, you might find that the office can be a fun and cool place to be. That might be a stretch, but it can be a lot more comfortable while you slave away in cubeland.
- Aeron Office Chair
- Refillable Ergonomic Ink Pens
- Disposable Ergonomic Ink Pens
- The Great Ergonomic Eraser Round-up
- Embody Office Chair
Children live in an adult-sized world. Their bodies have to constantly battle to adjust, not to mention all the stress that growing puts on them. Good ergonomic gear is one way to give them a helping hand in that endless struggle to fit in -- physically, that is.
- The Best Book Bag for Your Child
- The Great Ergonomic Eraser Round-up
- Westcott 12-inch Flexible Ribbed Ruler
- Penagain Twist N Write Pencil
- AlphaBetter Adjustable Student Desk
Next to the office, and maybe the couch, the kitchen is where you do most of your work throughout the day. Having some niffty ergonomic gear can sure make things a lot easier.
- Ergonomic KitchenAid Mixer Attachments
- Egg-Perfect Egg Timer
- Incredible Ice Cream Scoop
- Handi-Vac Vacuum Sealer
- Cascade 2in1 Action Pacs
- Eggcurate Digital Kitchen Scale
- Duncan's Kitchen Grips Lid Grips
- Bialetti Ciocclatiera Hot Chocolate Maker
- Lysol Dual Action Disinfectant Wipes
- Egg Molds
Walking and standing on hard surfaces puts a lot of strain on your body. So you put down a floor mat. But is it the right one? Anti-Fatigue Mats are some of the most useful ergonomic equipment around and there are ones designed for the kitchen, garage, industrial line, heck, even the laundry room.
- Anti-Fatigue Mat Essentials
- Anti-Fatigue Mat Review Roundup
- What is an Anti-Fatigue Mat?
- Is an Anti-Fatigue Mat Worth It?
Lawn & Garden Tools
I have always wondered if a green thumb was an ergonomic tool or a repetitive stress injury. But that is a debate for another day. The truth of the matter is that good tools make all the difference. And a good ergonomic tool can make your horticultural hobby or landscaping livelihood so much easier to accomplish.
- Radius Pro Line of Landscaping Tools
- Radius Garden Trowel
- Radius Garden Bulb Trowel
- Radius Garden Cultivator
- Radius Garden Weeder
- Fiskars Tools
- Black and Decker Cordless Shear/Shrubber/Hedge Trimmer
- Blue Ox Stabilizer Brace
- Appel Spade
If you are going through the trouble of working out you might as well have the best gear to support that endeavor. Ergonomic fitness gear will help you prevent injury and get the most out of your workout.
Yes food can be ergonomic. Usually you will see it as a marketing gimmick, but it can make a difference during meal time. And it's kind of cool.
- S'more Ergonomic
- Oreo Dunker Sandwich Cookie
- Hershey's Kisses Unwrapped
- Batter Blaster Pancake Batter
- Deviled Eggs
Home Improvement Tools
Whether you are a professional carpenter, a weekend woodworker or an avid DIYer, the usability of your tools is paramount to producing a quality and accuracy in your finished product.