Why Is it Different?
The typical vacuum food sealer appliance is a counter top device that pulls a vacuum and applies a heat seal to the bag. The Handi-Vac is a comfortable handheld device. It improves the ergonomics of the system by:
- Not taking up valuable counter space
- Increasing flexibility - you can vacuum seal anywhere
- Providing an intuitive interface – my 3-year old did it after watching me do it once
The best thing about the Handi-Vac Vacuum Sealer is that it is relatively cheap. You can pick one up in the grocery store for about $25. Counter top vacuum food sealers easily top $100.
Does it Deliver?
As for that other 10%, well that is another benefit of the Handi-Vac. The Handi-Vac Vacuum Sealer is cheap enough for you to experiment with vacuum sealing. Play with it for awhile and then you can decide if boil-in-a-bag meals or canister vacuum sealing will benefit your life style. Then you can buy the more expensive model.
- The family meal planner
- Bulk-buy discount shoppers – save now, eat later
- Hunters – vacuum seal your wild game
- Gardeners – carry that freshness into next season
- Slackers – gather the energy to cook once a month then just freeze it all
The bags are clearly marked so you not only know that you are using the right bag, but that you are using it the right way. They are not tough enough to withstand boiling, but they will stand up to the harshness of the freezer.
The overall vacuum sealing system is one of the most convenient food vacuum sealing systems I have seen. It takes up very little space and can be used anywhere with a square inch of flat surface.
The Handi-Vac Vacuum Sealer does have a few problems.
- There are no Handi-Vac compatible canisters available
- The bags are not tough enough for boil-in-the-bag meals
- The Handi-Vac runs on batteries
Still, you cannot beat the price and the bang-for-the-buck the Handi-Vac Vacuum Sealer offers. The convenience and ease of use are at the top of its class.